Monster: Space Moss

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Revlot
Space Floater

Monster: Space Moss

#1 Post by Revlot »

Asteroid dwelling moss that must be cleaned out before asteroids can be out-posted or colonized (attacked with lasers to vaporize it off the surface - possibly a specialized laser that only does that). Living off the minerals exposed on the outsides of asteroids - the spores slowly spread to other systems. A minor hazard, and an interesting addition - especially if you can harvest some spores and then release them in your enemies territory.
I understand that this is a work in progress and that my comments here are just comments and NOT requests for immediate code fixes.
Thank you for the work done so far - please continue with whatever part of the game you are currently working on.

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: Monster: Space Moss

#2 Post by labgnome »

I think this function might already be largely filled by the "asteroid snail" monster already in the game.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Monster: Space Moss

#3 Post by MatGB »

I'm thinking rather than being a monster, make it a Special, there's the basics of an idea to work with there for something that doesn't block movement or kill scouts, but does prevent use in a different way.

No idea how to script "no colonies or outposts" as an effect, but if it's possible I'd also like to do it for something else as well.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.