Master List of New Native Species

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Master List of New Native Species

#31 Post by wobbly »

wobbly wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:15 pm
stpa wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:19 pm
wobbly wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:14 am Tangent: I had a different idea for 57s balance. Add fluff line "57s do not build war machines instead relying on domesticed space monsters for defense" and add a random system compatable organic monster or nest. Not certain whether you can call the monster rng from FOCs
@wobbly, there are some nest tender species ideas in the very beginning of this thread here, and i was going to make up some new species for the job. this of course does not meen that you could not do the same, or change the fiftyseveners.
I like the idea of there being a native that uses monsters. Doesn't have to be the 57ers. If you create a new native(s) in that role I'll find something else for the 57ers.
Could have the 57s worship a vacuum dragon? Obviously it'd wander so you could still invade, but it'd mean if you got lucky and were near 57s you'd be unlucky and have a vacuum dragon in your space. Could also have biege goo spawn a dyson forest. Both these natives are a little unbalanced in multiplayer and I'm sick of seeing sentrys everywhere.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#32 Post by Oberlus »

+1

stpa
Space Kraken

#33 Post by stpa »

you'd probably just need to adjust the scripting in `monster_guard.macros` a little to add more randomly chanced variation to the guard monsters