Return to Turn 1

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Adamant
Space Kraken

Return to Turn 1

#1 Post by Adamant »

I have multiple SaveGames from a Match but cant find manual created SaveGame from Turn #1
and due to Game App restarted while Match the MapGen-Data resp the MapGen Seed is gone.

So I may ask for .
* Handle both MapGenDataSet MGDS inlcusive SEED as whole DataSet-String
* and exclusively SEED as single Data-String eg MGDS="0x1234.AABB.F3..."
* FILE Seed into SaveGames
* VIEW resp extract Seed from SaveGame resp running Game
* GUI that supply a brief comfortable Way to extract, share, insert it
* Extract from Match and/or SaveGame
* Insert into MapGen-Dialog
* Optional exchange MGDS via Chat in Lounge or 3rd Party Gear
Pure Cyan harms PhotoReceptors doubtless - even half Portion appears mysterious.

shawndream
Space Kraken

Re: Return to Turn 1

#2 Post by shawndream »

Adamant wrote: * FILE Seed into SaveGames
This is already done (a couple months ago)... but we haven't made that info easily viewable from the game (with maybe a minimap, turn data etc).

Peek at your savegame file, mine starts like this:
serialization::archive T1ZjkKRf” ` Ivy

As far as I can tell, T1ZjkKRf is the seed and Ivy is the player or empire name (mine were both Ivy, so I can't tell without examining the source).

Note that I think currently the seed code is still evolving, so some things are not based on the seed, and the same seed might produce different results in different versions.
Everything I post is self-created unless noted otherwise. It is simultaneously released under GPL 2.0 or later, CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0, and GNU Free Documentation 1.2. Make something awesome with it please!

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

shawndream wrote:...haven't made that info easily viewable from the game (with maybe a minimap, turn data etc).
The map seed is the first line of the galaxy generation settings shown in the pedia.

shawndream
Space Kraken

#4 Post by shawndream »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
shawndream wrote:...haven't made that info easily viewable from the game (with maybe a minimap, turn data etc).
The map seed is the first line of the galaxy generation settings shown in the pedia.
Sorry, I meant haven't made the seed visible from the load game screen in game... but that is definitely planned.

He mentioned (I think) that the previous seed had been overwritten in the game setup screen by different seeds he had used since.
Everything I post is self-created unless noted otherwise. It is simultaneously released under GPL 2.0 or later, CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0, and GNU Free Documentation 1.2. Make something awesome with it please!