Space Idea

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Rockstone
Space Squid

Space Idea

#1 Post by Rockstone »

Development is going SLOOOOW! Right now the first draft of space combat isn't even out. This is where I propose an Idea that I go ahead and attempt to make a space combat simulator, that perhaps you can just plug into the game...
Any comments?
Master of orion 3 rules. (a pause) Why are you guys getting tomatoes out?

marhawkman
Large Juggernaut

#2 Post by marhawkman »

I'm sure somebody's working on it right now.
Computer programming is fun.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Space Idea

#3 Post by eleazar »

Rockstone wrote:Development is going SLOOOOW! Right now the first draft of space combat isn't even out. This is where I propose an Idea that I go ahead and attempt to make a space combat simulator, that perhaps you can just plug into the game...
Any comments?
This is a GPL project. You are welcome to modify or add to the code as you like, as long as you follow the GPL. And i have little doubt that some people would love to try space combat in FO— in any form.

It's also my belief that a graphically simple form of space combat with the same underlying calculations may be an expedient first step.

However, there would be no guarantee that whatever you come up with would be kept as part of the project. The lead designers haven't figured out what they want yet.

Of course there are other, simpler things a coder could tackle to advance the project. Here's a list.