Different Alien Technologies

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

marhawkman
Large Juggernaut

#16 Post by marhawkman »

One I'd make would be that energy ships have crappy Armor. Another would be a relatively slow growth rate.
Computer programming is fun.

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#17 Post by utilae »

I was thinking. Maybe energy technology woks by using energy particles as matter, so energy particles is used to transfer energy, as oposed to the organic method of using chemical particles to transfer energy.

marhawkman
Large Juggernaut

#18 Post by marhawkman »

utilae wrote:I was thinking. Maybe energy technology woks by using energy particles as matter, so energy particles is used to transfer energy, as oposed to the organic method of using chemical particles to transfer energy.
That's a good one. Another is the standing wave idea.

Yota_Sensai
Space Krill

#19 Post by Yota_Sensai »

This is how i see energy technology:

Think of the shields in Star Trek. You can imagine it can be given any form you want, not only a spehere or elipsoid but, lets say, a very thin tube, so its looking like a wire. Then you can imagine that the shields can be given a certain physical quality, like permeability for a electromagnetic wavelength(lets say thermal radiation) or density(can you penetrate it with a bit of force or is it very hard?). OK, you put different shields with form and quality together and you have a device, that can actually do something. Lets say this device is a sheldgenerator ... and voila! You have a Energy-only Starship!

marhawkman
Large Juggernaut

#20 Post by marhawkman »

Yota_Sensai wrote:This is how i see energy technology:

Think of the shields in Star Trek. You can imagine it can be given any form you want, not only a spehere or elipsoid but, lets say, a very thin tube, so its looking like a wire. Then you can imagine that the shields can be given a certain physical quality, like permeability for a electromagnetic wavelength(lets say thermal radiation) or density(can you penetrate it with a bit of force or is it very hard?). OK, you put different shields with form and quality together and you have a device, that can actually do something. Lets say this device is a sheldgenerator ... and voila! You have a Energy-only Starship!
That actually sounds like a different slightly more complex version of the standing wave idea.