Random Thought: Dyson Forest adds stealth?

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Random Thought: Dyson Forest adds stealth?

#1 Post by wobbly »

I'm not sure how this would work out, but basically +stealth for sharing a system with a dyson forest. Some cases to think about:
  • Planets, hidden by the dyson forest.
  • What happens when the +stealth, hides it from the dyson forest seeing it.
  • A ship with enough stealth not to be attacked by dyson forest could hide.
  • Monsters being "allied" with all monsters could hide in a dyson forest.
  • Does the dyson forest gain stealth? Maybe its base stealth could just be decreased by the same as the bonus.
Edit: Possibly other monsters that work to stealth stuff.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Random Thought: Dyson Forest adds stealth?

#2 Post by LienRag »

Interesting...

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Random Thought: Dyson Forest adds stealth?

#3 Post by Ophiuchus »

Also like it. My take on it:
  • Planets, hidden by the dyson forest. - Yes, unconditional extra stealth for planets
  • What happens when the +stealth, hides it from the dyson forest seeing it. - I think its ok to ignore this for planets, for ships see below
  • A ship with enough stealth not to be attacked by dyson forest could hide. - Yes, extra stealth for empire ships only if there stealth is higher than the dyson forrest detection
  • Monsters being "allied" with all monsters could hide in a dyson forest - Yes, extra stealth for neutral ships (for all but forrests)
  • Does the dyson forest gain stealth? - Id say exclude it from the stealth effect
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!