Reduce planet stability under attack

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

o01eg
Programmer

Reduce planet stability under attack

#1 Post by o01eg »

I thought about how made it possible for monsters to destroy empire for tower defense mode and came up with idea if monsters could reduce stability they can force colony to become independent.

Each turn when planet get hit current stability reduced to some value. Maybe even reduce it only when planetary shield was destroyed. Then after stability goes below zero rebel troops rise and reduce defense troops which not restored because planet is under attack of monsters. This way empire lost this planet.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-04-14.ad50e93.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Reduce planet stability under attack

#2 Post by Oberlus »

I like this idea.
Also for player vs player. Attacking planets "should" have more effects than a fleet that just stands idle and blockades supply.

For monsters, we already have weapons that reduce population. In a game, after the nerf to PP/RP and before the nerf to monsters, I just lost against the Experimentors, I could not stop them from depopulating my planets.

o01eg
Programmer

#3 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:51 pm I like this idea.
Also for player vs player. Attacking planets "should" have more effects than a fleet that just stands idle and blockades supply.

For monsters, we already have weapons that reduce population. In a game, after the nerf to PP/RP and before the nerf to monsters, I just lost against the Experimentors, I could not stop them from depopulating my planets.
But depopulated planets still owned by empire so I want to give a way to make them unowned too.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-04-14.ad50e93.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:51 pm Also for player vs player. Attacking planets "should" have more effects than a fleet that just stands idle and blockades supply.
A note that blockading disconnects supply from the capital which is a -10 stability if its not Sly/Laenfa/Confederation. It doesn't end up an actual stability threat as defense focus is +15 stability. Where it really wrecks someones is blockading the capital which is -10 stability and -1 influence to all planets unless they are connected to a regional admin.