Tiered Themed Tech Tree index (WIP)

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Tiered Themed Tech Tree index (WIP)

#1 Post by Oberlus »

This thread is to link to several other threads that I will open, one for each functional category:
  • Population boosts.
  • Industry boosts.
  • Research boosts.
  • Influence boosts.
  • Stockpile boosts.
  • Supply boosts.
  • Detection strength and planetary stealth boosts.
  • Planetary defense boosts (shields, defense and troops).
  • Ship hulls.
  • Ship weapon parts.
  • Ship shield and armor parts.
  • Ship fuel and engine parts.
  • Ship stealth parts.
On each of those threads I will list the techs, policies, buildings or ship parts/hulls in that functional category for each of the five tech themes. That makes easier to compare each theme capabilities for balance.

Influence boosts are not yet sketched in any of my spreadsheets. I (or we) have to work on the possible influence upkeep equations (each gated through a policy, most probably), and then we can design and balance the other techs that boost influence output or reduce influence upkeep.

Detection and stealth needs a rework that ideally should be done before the new tiered themed tech tree is finished. But we could use current mechanics if that would be too much of a delay.

Planetary defense also needs a rework that, ideally, would need backend changes to allow for different weapons in a planet (instead of current single big shot per combat bout).