Influence Upkeep alternatives

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Influence Upkeep alternatives

#31 Post by Oberlus »

I still disagree :wink:
LienRag wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:03 pm a rigorous evaluation of them should be done.
Whenever you feel ready, you have my attention.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#32 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:25 pm I still disagree :wink:
We'll have to meet in the battlefield then...

Seriously, maybe that could be tested in game to see what it brings ?

I gave my arguments, you gave yours, maybe a field test is what could tell how a historical cost fares compared to what we have now ?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#33 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 pm Seriously, maybe that could be tested in game to see what it brings ?

I gave my arguments, you gave yours, maybe a field test is what could tell how a historical cost fares compared to what we have now ?
You said it should be carefully and rationally analized or something like that (as if we have not been rational up to now). Let's do that (you do that, I already think we've done such analysis).

However, if you can implement all FOCS changes needed to make what you propose, I won't oppose you playtesting it (single player should suffice) and publishing here the results. Meanwhile, I think what we have is good enough and better of what you propose, so I will not move a finger to help you out on that endeavour.