RFC: A single source for default values (FOCS, python, stringtables, backend)

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: RFC: A single source for default values (FOCS, python, stringtables, backend)

#76 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Geoff the Medio wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:00 pm Does that mean that of the strings that currently just contain "per population" can be removed from the stringtables?
I take it as yes. From the strings I added myself, I can't remember of any that contained important information. I would remove all of them (I will be glad to do it once I get free time, maybe by the end of this year).
Yes.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: RFC: A single source for default values (FOCS, python, stringtables, backend)

#77 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus, how is it going the ordeal with making named values work properly for all operating systems, providing consistent checksums with mutex here and there, and any other etcetera that I might be missing?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#78 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:52 am Ophiuchus, how is it going the ordeal with making named values work properly for all operating systems, providing consistent checksums with mutex here and there, and any other etcetera that I might be missing?
Thanks for your kind words. Should work on mac, win32 and linux to the best of my knowledge.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#79 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:14 pm Thanks for your kind words. Should work on mac, win32 and linux to the best of my knowledge.
That's great. I see Vezzra replied 18 minutes ago in Github with another crash in MacOS. I hope you can solve it painlessly.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#80 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:25 pm
Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:14 pm Thanks for your kind words. Should work on mac, win32 and linux to the best of my knowledge.
That's great. I see Vezzra replied 18 minutes ago in Github with another crash in MacOS. I hope you can solve it painlessly.
Nah, I wont solve it. I simply implement some extra parsers for layered FOCS languages with different capabilities. That is probably much more fun to debug on MacOS. And leave the bugs which were in the old code as they were. Also just think about the long term confusion I could add with that.