The thinking was to help de-clutter the UI some and to reduce the amount of scrolling through the main sitrep window.
This worked decently well, but after playing with it for a while, I felt a bit detached from the game and was constantly forgetting to address something each turn.
I thought I would post the current state in the event it inspired some other implementation in the future.
(Unless everyone wants it fleshed out, it is meant to be an addition to the current window, which can be hidden)
Part of the vision was for:
- Left clicking a icon to show a detailed window (similar to the normal sitrep window).
- Right click context for filtering the group.
- A settings icon on the summary panel for filters and any other options.
A few notes if you browse or want to cherry-pick parts:
- I have not looked into adding to XCode/MSVC project files yet, for UI/SummaryBrowseWnd.h/.cpp
- While functional, it is no where near PR ready. Needs separated commits, quite a few additions and cleanup (e.g. converting the c++11 style for statements)