SubForum HP?

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Adamant
Space Kraken

SubForum HP?

#1 Post by Adamant »

I would THERE propos to try out other ColorScheme: BG=BLACK FG=BLUE

Consider Pictures from DeepSpace as WallPaper.

Try Q&D out via your WebBrowser Custom StyleSheet.. BG=000000 FG=0x0000FF
Pure Cyan harms PhotoReceptors doubtless - even half Portion appears mysterious.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: SubForum HP?

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Adamant wrote:I would THERE propos to try out other ColorScheme: BG=BLACK FG=BLUE
You don't need a special subforum to propose something like that (as is also true for basically ALL of your recent subforum requests, it seems to me) -- do like you've just done it, here or in the Graphics Forum. I suggest you go ahead and try out your proposal and post a screenhsot if you want to give it a better chance of going anywhere.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Adamant
Space Kraken

#3 Post by Adamant »

So I could take Forum General or directly OT for Topics which does not concern to the specific Fora.
I feel I have to point to the Points clearly..

Wont it be useful to have a dedicated Forum for HP Issues?

(sure we can mix up them into another existing Forum - that Question with trivial Answer was not topic)
Pure Cyan harms PhotoReceptors doubtless - even half Portion appears mysterious.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

What is an HP issue?

More specifically, General is for anything related to the project not covered by a subforum, if there's enough traffic on that topic a subforum could be created but if there isn't enough need for one General is where it's at. I dislike creating unused forums myself, and on boards I've run I've merged subforums down to get rid of the tumbleweeds more than a few times.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Adamant
Space Kraken

#5 Post by Adamant »

MatGB wrote:What is an HP issue?

More specifically, General is for anything related to the project not covered by a subforum, if there's enough traffic on that topic a subforum could be created but if there isn't enough need for one General is where it's at. I dislike creating unused forums myself, and on boards I've run I've merged subforums down to get rid of the tumbleweeds more than a few times.
who are you?

What Traffic is necessary to reason a SubForum?
REQ uest closing the Sound Forum and move it to general, Graphics is Candidate as was silent for Years.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

I am a player and playtester contributing to the forums, bughunting and working on coding. I am just another player. Which should be fairly clear. I also gave my opinion on your request, this isn't my board and it's not my opinion that matters, but all opinions can be taken into account.

Now, for the benefits of those trying to follow conversations, can you be polite enough to answer my question on what you mean by HP so that I can have a more informed opinion as to whether a forum for it might be useful?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

adrian_broher
Programmer

#7 Post by adrian_broher »

Adamant wrote: who are you?
The more important question is: Who are you and what makes you think that is kind of tone is even remotely acceptable?
Resident code gremlin
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.
Git author: Marcel Metz

Adamant
Space Kraken

#8 Post by Adamant »

MatGB wrote:What is an HP issue?
adrian_broher wrote:The more important question is: Who are you and what makes you think that is kind of tone is even remotely acceptable?
Things that concerns to HP - is that the Level?

Adamant
Space Kraken

#9 Post by Adamant »

Btw, Ladies ..
Adamant wrote:...
I feel I have to point to the Points clearly..

Wont it be useful to have a dedicated Forum for HP Issues?

(sure we can mix up them into another existing Forum - that Question with trivial Answer was not topic)
PS: I would had used BBC for flashing to point some more to the Topic - anyway that other ... umm quoted Contributor did randomly pass the Point - he said he dont like rarely used SubFora due to ... he dont like! Got it? What is Issue? I dont like. That is the Level I shall deal with, right? What is your Job here?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#10 Post by MatGB »

Let us try again. I shall keep this very very simple.

When you use the two letters HP....

What do you mean by HP?

Because to me HP = Harry Potter, and I don't know what of the many abbreviations it could be you're referring to. So, for at leat the 3rd time of asking, what do you mean when you use the letters HP?
Mat Bowles

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#11 Post by AndrewW »

MatGB wrote:Because to me HP = Harry Potter, and I don't know what of the many abbreviations it could be you're referring to. So, for at leat the 3rd time of asking, what do you mean when you use the letters HP?
Could also be Hewlett Packard, maybe it's for HP computers running FreeOrion?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#12 Post by MatGB »

Ah, see, I'm using an Acer at the moment, my old HP died on me a few years back. So that would be a forum of zero use to me at all.
Mat Bowles

em3
Vacuum Dragon

#13 Post by em3 »

My guess is Home Page.
https://github.com/mmoderau
[...] for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. - Randall Munroe, title text to xkcd #556

Adamant
Space Kraken

#14 Post by Adamant »

MatGB wrote:Let us try again. I shall keep this very very simple.

When you use the two letters HP....

What do you mean by HP?

Because to me HP = Harry Potter, and I don't know what of the many abbreviations it could be you're referring to. So, for at leat the 3rd time of asking, what do you mean when you use the letters HP?
I am not sure but are you aim to produce me Argument that Issue of HP is not close enough to Forum Project or Generic?
I did anytime stumble over Abbreviatoin HP and wondered a Lot - but Informations in Context told me clearly that it was not about my Favor Harry Potter .. please make SubForum Harry Potter in ForumOT-

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#15 Post by MatGB »

Adamant wrote: I am not sure but are you aim to produce me Argument that Issue of HP is not close enough to Forum Project or Generic?
No.

Because for the 5th time of now stating it, I, and others, don't know what you mean by HP.

So why not just TELL US WHAT YOU MEAN.

It's presumably two words. Type them. Then those of us clueless can figure out whether you might have a point.
Mat Bowles