Topics for online voice chat meeting April 26th 2022

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Topics for online voice chat meeting April 26th 2022

#1 Post by Vezzra »

This is the topics thread for our next online voice chat meeting coming Tuesday, April 26th 2022.

Please post suggestions for topics and discuss them here.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Topics for online voice chat meeting April 26th 2022

#2 Post by Ophiuchus »

As I did not make the last meeting, once again: auto-building snap and long term maintenance snap.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Grummel7
Space Dragon

#3 Post by Grummel7 »

Can we extend updateMeterEstimates with an option that set Stability to TargetStability before calculating the other new meter targets? The AI could definitely use it. Players would also be interested in that information, I guess.

I think we have briefly talked about it once, but I cannot remember the details.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Discussed stuff:

-Grummel wants a way to run meter updates for the AI as if planet stability meters were equal to their targets. This would probably involve adding an API function to set a particular meter of all planets (or some other object set) to to some values, and then to run a meter back propagation so the new values are used by conditions and valuerefs in following meter updates.

-Putting a Target condition before a (Something.Propery = 0) in and And condition in a Statistic If expression can be a speed optimization, as otherwise it would have to create a container of candidate objects containing the whole universe to test while evaluating the statistic. In this case, it just needs to know if there is any object that matches that valuetest condition, not how many, so restricting to just the effect target object saves creating that big container of pointers.

-The crashing combat log issue remains open. Can probably just comment out the problematic exception throws in GG code.

-It would probably be possible to merge kill names when merging them, but it's not a high priority.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#5 Post by Ophiuchus »

jeez, too late again
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!