Assets license

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
natewrench
Space Krill

Assets license

#1 Post by natewrench »

Are the assets available under v3 or any later version because I have assets I want to use but their under cc by sa v4 so I just wanted clarity

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Assets license

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

FreeOrion artistic or creative content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license, not "or later".

So, to be included in FreeOrion, art needs to be released under the CC-BY-SA 3.0, and not only under another version of the license.

I'm not sure, but have read that 3.0 art can be re-released as an adaptation under 4.0, but your post is unclear about what you actually want to do.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by LienRag »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:13 am FreeOrion artistic or creative content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license, not "or later".
What are the consequences for assets under v4 ?
I have some basic knowledge about licenses but this goes beyond my meager knowledge...

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

LienRag wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:16 amWhat are the consequences for assets under v4 ?
I don't know what's different between the various CC-BY-SA license versions. Googling suggests: https://creativecommons.org/version4/