Been a long time, what's the status of work on this project?

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
ZeeHero86
Space Krill

Been a long time, what's the status of work on this project?

#1 Post by ZeeHero86 »

I have checked this out years ago and thought it was an amazing thing, but it was very incomplete, at least at the time, have people been making progress developing this so far? How functional is it to play for fun at this point?

I have a friend who was REALLY into the old MOO games who would love to see this stuff, and while I myself far prefer non turn based 4x games (like Stellaris does) due to how it avoids the endgame turns taking forever problem, the sheer complexity of MOO style games is great, and turn based does have a few advantages.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Been a long time, what's the status of work on this project?

#2 Post by LienRag »

The Stable version is playable, but the AI is not very good.

I wouldn't recommend the Beta version for a return to the game, the new Influence/Stability mechanisms are work in progress and they quite broke the game so far (though they're getting better).

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Re: Been a long time, what's the status of work on this project?

#3 Post by defaultuser »

At this time, they are working on a major change to the game. That's still very much a work in progress. I agree that you should grab the stable release to get refamiliarized with it.