Forums Updated to phpBB 3.3.1

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Forums Updated to phpBB 3.3.1

#1 Post by Geoff the Medio »

In the last few days, the forum layout has has some quirks, and it was apparently not possible to post.

This was probably due to the host updating to PHP 7.4.6, which is higher than the version supported by phpBB 3.2, which the forum was using.

I've updated to the latest version of phpBB: 3.3. There are some internal issues with with the default forum style we're using with phpBB 3.3, but I found a post and edited some files to hopefully fix it.

I've also edited the .css file for the forum logo, though it's still showing a logo for the style for me, despite purging the cache. Perhaps it will just take a while to update.

Perhaps this will even resolve the long-running issues with attachments on posts...?

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Forums Updated to phpBB 3.3.1

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Everything seems to work fine again, logo shows correctly for me - thanks! :D

drkosy
Space Dragon

#3 Post by drkosy »

Thank's for that post. I thought it was the latest Version of Firefox just coming out the same time...
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#4 Post by Ophiuchus »

Thanks geoff for bringing the forums up again so fast!
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!