0.4.9 release procedure

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: 0.4.9 release procedure

#61 Post by Vezzra »

Added a PR for the changelog update for RC2. If anyone can spare some moments to check my additions, that would be appreciated.

Will merge the PR right before I produce RC2.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#62 Post by Vezzra »

0.4.9 RC2 has been released.

As already mentioned above, I'll give RC2 another week of testing. Deadline for declaring the stable release is Sunday, February 1st 2020, 2pm UTC.

Again, please playtest the release candidate. :D

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#63 Post by Vezzra »

Another issue (#2731) has come up, that, albeit small, potentially impairs the performance of the AI too much to be ignored for a stable release. A fix (#2732) has already been provided, which will need to get cherry picked into the release branch.

Which means we need yet another release candidate. Deadline for RC3 will be Sunday February 2nd 2020, 2pm UTC. Please get #2732 merged in time.

Consequently, deadline for declaring the release will be postponed to Sunday February 9th 2020, 2pm UTC, to give RC3 some time to get tested.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#64 Post by Vezzra »

0.4.9 RC3 has been released.

Happy playtesting! Hopefully this is the last round... :D

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#65 Post by Vezzra »

Just a simple reminder that the stable release is going to be declared coming Sunday.

As far as I can see, no critical (release blocking) issues have come up so far, so I'll go ahead as planned. If there is any reason why declaring the release should be postponed or another release candidate is needed, you have two days left to speak up. :D

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#66 Post by Vezzra »

FreeOrion v0.4.9 has been released.

Rejoicing may commence. :mrgreen:

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#67 Post by Vezzra »

The "post release" milestone has been removed from all open issues and PRs, and been renamed to "next release". Please re-assign the "next release" milestone to the issues and PRs (and ONLY the issues and PRs!) that should be considered mandatory for the next release. Issues/PRs assigned to "next release" will be considered release-blocking.

All issues/PRs that should not be considered release-blocking, but only optional for the next release, should not be assigned a milestone. Which should apply to the majority of issues/PRs.

The Silent One
Graphics

#68 Post by The Silent One »

Vezzra wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:09 pm FreeOrion v0.4.9 has been released.

Rejoicing may commence. :mrgreen:
Horrraaayyy :D

Outstanding job everyone!
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.