The bug fixed by PR#1603 certainly isn't game breaking, but nevertheless one of those serious enough to probably warrant a bugfix release. I'd suggest the following procedure:
- Create a milestone "0.4.7.1 bugfix release" and assign that milestone to all PRs that should be included into the bugfix release.
- Create a project for the bugfix release to manage the proposal and acceptance of PRs for inclusion into the bugfix release, that project would also be used to collect all bugfix commits which should be included but that are not part of a PR.
- If someone thinks a PR or bugfix commit should be included into the bugfix release, add a corresponding entry into the "proposed" columns of the bugfix release project (which means only committers can propose bugfixes for inclusion) and also post a request in a thread dedicated to the discussion of these proposals. The proposal should then be discussed and approved or rejected.
- The project entries of approved/rejected PRs/bugfix commit are moved to the "approved"/"rejected" columns, PRs are also set to the "0.4.7.1 bugfix release" milestone and tagged as "cherry pick for release".
- Once we think we've enough/sufficiently critical bugfixes approved for a bugfix release, start the procedure for 0.4.7.1.