I've set up the following milestones:
- 0.4.7: Required for the release. All issues/PRs assigned to this milestone are considered release-blocking, and have to be fixed/finalized before the release branch can be created. They should therefore be everyones topmost priority.
- optional for 0.4.7: Optional for the release. Issues/PRs assigned to this milestone are not considered release-blocking, which means they will go into 0.4.7 if fixed/finalized in time (that is, before the creation of the release branch), but we won't delay the release for any of them. These are of lower priority.
- post 0.4.7: Not intended for inclusion into the release. Work on issues/PRs assigned to this milestone should continue after 0.4.7 is out, until then they shouldn't be given any priority.
- Undecided/TBD: This milestone acts as a marker/indicator if we can't immediately decide which milestone an issue/PR should be assigned to. Issues/PRs assigned to this milestone are of course not considered release-blocking.
Here are direct links to the milestones and the issues/PRs assigned to them:
optional for 0.4.7: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/milestone/19
post 0.4.7: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/milestone/18
As your assessment of which issues/PRs should be assigned to which milestones might differ from mine, I encourage everyone to go over these lists and change the assignments where you think that's necessary. If you assign an issue/PR to another milestone, leave a comment giving your reason for the reassignment. Alternatively, post a request here in this thread to reassign an issue/PR (especially when you think the reassignment should be discussed first).
What needs to be done:
1. The new fighter/carrier mechanic and all components/elements that have been introduced by it need to be polished/get their final touch. Same goes for the AI adjustments for the new mechanic. Please, everyone, think what might still be missing, what still needs to be done to get the new feature release-ready. And then of course playtesting.
2. All the issues/PRs assigned to the "0.4.7" milestone must be fixed/finalized.
3. Any of you who have something (a project, fix, tweak, whatever) they are currently working on, which they want to get into 0.4.7 and which aren't already covered by the issues/PRs assigned to the "0.4.7" milestone, please open an issue or PR (whatever fits) and assign it to the "0.4.7" milestone. Please include the reason why you think it's required for the release in the description of the issue/PR. You can also post a request here in this thread if it can't be done via an issue/PR (but I can't imagine where that could be the case).
What's important now is that all of you concentrate your efforts on getting 1 and 2 done, and put other projects/work on the back burner. A "status report" on all things related to the new fighter/carrier mechanic would be a very good thing, especially from the content scripting/balance and the AI department, to get an idea what still needs to be done, and then work from there.
It would be good if we could get all necessary preps done and create the release branch by the end of this month, then we have a good chance ot get the release out by the end of March.
Comments, opinions, feedback welcome.