Terraforming

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

DarthNihilus
Space Krill

Terraforming

#1 Post by DarthNihilus »

How the terraforming of a planet works exactly? Is it always the same pattern, or is it dependable on a player's species? And exobots? Do they terraform a planet for their suitability or for my species? I haven't played the game much to see this.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Terraforming

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

From the in-game pedia description of the Terraforming building, "Terraforms a world one step closer to the environmental preference of the inhabiting species." Meaning, for whatever species is on a planet, producing a terraforming building on that planet will move the planet one step closer to the best planet type for that species.

There is no "my species". An empire, including the player's empire, can have many different species in it. The one you started with is not treated differently.

Exobots are the same as any other species in this regard.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Terraforming

#3 Post by Vezzra »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Exobots are the same as any other species in this regard.
Well, almost, but not entirely, as contrary to other species they don't have a "good" environment, only "adequate". Meaning, once a planet they are on has been terraformed to an environment that is "adequate" for them, no further terraforming is possible.