Adamant or Cognito ergo erro

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

Adamant
Space Kraken

Adamant or Cognito ergo erro

#1 Post by Adamant »

Got new NoteBook with installed wow wow Wingoofs Version 8 dot dunno (I did install first Time Linux when got aware that there is black Magic behind small-soft Products with large Binaries and flee to Linux before SELL made it perhaps larger open than Windows ever was .. nowadays can even not do login or use ls on Linux when total-secure-lib removed - deinstall impossible as almost all libs include total security not matter which Security is meant - who safe us from security?) and due to Happeninngs of Intrusion etc I did take the VIP-Product-Safety-Option for about 100 Bucks what means I could drop my Gear into Bath and would get fresh (btw even just 2 weeks aged .. perhaps next time install original sygate FW before Symmantec fixed it resp they released after have bought it a single newer Version and then Product LifeTime was terminated - perhaps BugFixes .. however, since than win kernel ask remotely how to manage a computer - always though all necessary Informations are builtin into Kernel resp Aux Binaries .. so it's Kind of cloud Kernel I do no have any Clue about but now have really safe Version 8 dot even more better and therefore ... considered VIP Option :D )

However, I am new to that curious GUI Environment so different than KDE or at least I hope so due to I want to return anytime to cleaned Linux or have to build own Gear.

Aside of I wonder the Philospohy about several "Features" making GUI even more perfect (..) but got it managed to install and start apps - dunno how to set Environment Variables eg - but for intended DevelopmentWork I would perhaps never need that ... where is fancy SS GUIed Tool to do define persistent VARs - we need a TOOL for! Well, Friend of SS OS by Heart of Course.

Did download FO SDK for WIN, windowsiated Libs to work with MSVC .. (I feel even worse when thinking about but did not exec it just tested to type it - works ... anyway) and due to I don't know anyting about Development under WIN I look inparticular for MSI Packages.. SDK had none but that is not Bug at least off Package ... perhaps should take real OS instead. Please do not tell me that it is stupid to take WIN for Programming! I did that as well telling to others since Decades, ok? I feel uncomfortable now anyway.

However, use TXT Editor NPP NotePadPlus which is rather fine resp does have most Features I need, MSVC packaged from SS into WIN since anytime, perhaps all LIBs and SRCs downloaded - rough Idea is I can next Hour test first Time build FO ... guess this Week I will also success with. That is called REalism.

My personal Idea is that FO Project FOP does its best to provide necessary Informations to Windows Users to make them able to contibute to FOP but Problem is I have Windows without being real WindowsUser and have no XP with 8.dunno actual VER. Before writing really cool Matters I blog my XP making Gear running - would read such Thread from another Win-Victim as well. I noted right now I can safe half Post by omiting Refers to SS OS and boundled Features .. will surely get Friend of MSVC and wonder how to read its DOC when I .. dislike it totally. Therefore I use ANY OS you perhaps already heard about with its cool Tools and the odd GUI does not matter here. .... and ... have to start now ... with ... some OS. Well! BUT I do NOT like it!
Pure Cyan harms PhotoReceptors doubtless - even half Portion appears mysterious.

Adamant
Space Kraken

Windows and OS Extension

#2 Post by Adamant »

Btw there exit several Enhancements which aims to change Windows into a real OS.
These are cygwin, KDE for Windows, mingw Minimal GNU Windows - other may exist I don't know, please or Help for Widows Users which are forced by arbitrary Reasons to use SoftWare they do not have to (or can) like.

I do not know if Gnome for Windows exist but if it represents just another Curiosum but under Flagg of GPL. Even GPL is best Licency I know resp in my Scope but that does not change Software using it into usefull Products. For Gnome I looked for half Hour for Extended Option CheckBox but there was none. So what is the Joke with? Oh, it is GPL! Then it can not be that worse, can it? Why does Gnome exist? I don't know it! It's afaik a Windows Port before KDE existed with Aim to preserve Users from Config Options. No, no Users exist anymore due to Darwin may do sometimes Jokes but he is not an Idiot. They got confused probably lost trying to following the Dodo Way. I got Idea SS supported Gnome to change Fact that there is no worser GUI Environment than Windows .. well there is Gnome. Anytime I read downloading KDE that the new Plasma is now even more similar like Windows ... checked Date, NewsPaper etc to exclude ParallelUniverse or 1.April and then considered to drop the Download. What the ... what is wrong there? SS can not do anything right and now KDE tries to immitate it? ... There exist Alternatives to KDE and also to Linux which does not address BSDabout which I have curiously no Opinion even know it exist since Decades.

MinuetOS, QNX Neutrino, OpenSolaris .. but my Favor is .. relates to Minuets Roots.
Pure Cyan harms PhotoReceptors doubtless - even half Portion appears mysterious.