Questions

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

Xan713
Space Krill

Questions

#1 Post by Xan713 »

Hi,

I don't have internet to download a copy to try this out yet, so I'm curious about this project -

What races are confirmed from MOO2 & 3 will be in FO? And what races from those titles will be left out?

Also, have you all considered a Kickstarter approach to fund this project to do bigger and better things?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Questions

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Xan713 wrote:What races are confirmed from MOO2 & 3 will be in FO?
Humans
And what races from those titles will be left out?
The rest
Also, have you all considered a Kickstarter approach to fund this project to do bigger and better things?
Yes: viewtopic.php?p=46812#p46812

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by eleazar »

Xan713 wrote:What races are confirmed from MOO2 & 3 will be in FO? And what races from those titles will be left out?
None. All are original. We don't have rights to MoO IP, but i personally wouldn't want to use it. I think new is more intresting.
Xan713 wrote:Also, have you all considered a Kickstarter approach to fund this project to do bigger and better things?
I don't think most of the developers want to be full-time game developers, and leave the job they have. I freelance, so i could theoretically do more for FO if there was money in it. Besides covering hosting, i don't think more money thrown at FO would greatly improve things.

Xan713
Space Krill

#4 Post by Xan713 »

Thanks Geoff, and Eleazar for the replies.

:)