Belated hello :D

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

Bestary
Space Squid

Belated hello :D

#1 Post by Bestary »

To not seems like a "dark lynx horse" I decided to create this topic. :)

Hi everybody!

I'm 30-yeared child-illustrator from Russia. I not a programmer (as a lot of others gamers here), but I had some experience in PHP in past. I also never played Master Of Orion before (our ways not crossed in past, unfortunatly), but opened your Universe in a January of this year and... And so, I'm here now. :lol:

Actually my husband showed me FreeOrion, cause we both love space and we was searching for a good game of space. We had very hard period in our private life and was need in new impressions. When we found FreeOrion, it made my husband a slave of game for a three days. :) I was wondered why. He asked me to join for a lan playing. And so, war of our empires was began. :D

There was not finished russian version of game, so I wanted to help. That was my first experience in Git and that big team as yours. And I want to say, your work are really inspired me - you developing this game from the times since I finished base school and got first slow internet. I want to help you as I can. Everytime I visit your forum I get inspiration. :idea: :idea: :idea:

I have some healf problems now and can't work on freelance (as usual), so, for not losing my drawing abilities, I started to work with those drawings (it's the only my work for now, apart from rare single orders, I have no power for something more :( ). And, I also have my own site with illustrations and stories I write :) Don't wont advertise myself - if you are interested, you may take it from my Git account or asking it via PM.
P.S. Please, call me by @ nickname or contact by e-mail if you want say something directly to me. ^^

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Belated hello :D

#2 Post by Oberlus »

Belated welcome!

I hope your health problems are temporary and bearable. I wish you a quick recovery.
And hope you can beat your husband's Empire, mercilessly :twisted:

Jaumito
Space Kraken
Location: Catalonia, France, Europe, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster

#3 Post by Jaumito »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:21 pmAnd hope you can beat your husband's Empire, mercilessly :twisted:
Husband can't win against the hordes of... mercilessly cute critters! Mwahahaha!

Bestary
Space Squid

#4 Post by Bestary »

Jaumito wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:32 am
Oberlus wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:21 pmAnd hope you can beat your husband's Empire, mercilessly :twisted:
Husband can't win against the hordes of... mercilessly cute critters! Mwahahaha!
Ah, it's close to be true :D :D :D
But I think really it's a battle between two cute empires. :mrgreen:

I tried to call him for joining us, but he is too buzy now (working for both of us). He is very skully programmer but we together never developed games, it is very interesting and undiscovered theme for us. ^^
I hope your health problems are temporary and bearable.
Think yes. ^^ Thank you ^^
P.S. Please, call me by @ nickname or contact by e-mail if you want say something directly to me. ^^

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#5 Post by Vezzra »

Belated welcome from me too! ;)

The Silent One
Graphics

#6 Post by The Silent One »

Belated welcome +1! :)
I really enjoy your cute interpretations of the species, they add flavour to the game!
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Bestary
Space Squid

#7 Post by Bestary »

Vezzra, The Silent One, welcome ^__^