Feedback

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Flash
Space Krill

Feedback

#1 Post by Flash »

This game is great! I really enjoy it already.

Some anoying findings:
- when you have ship designs with the same name, the specs (pedia entrys) and the real specs of the ships do not fit. i.e. I checked an enemy ship in the pedia for weapon infos. It says "max firepower: 22", but the ship had 51. So the specs are outdated. (Maybe the problem is in how you look up the designs. Do you look up the shipdesigns by name? Don't they have IDs?)

- One thing is really anoying: If you double click an entry in the production list, it gets removed. This is bad, because removing a nearly finished item destroys all the progress. Don't make removing/destroying so easy. Or at least, provide an option to undo the last change in this list.

A suggestion:
- Why can't i build stuff at gas giants? i.e. the stargate. The stargate in this game is made to transport ships. So it will be "in orbit" and not on the ground. So why not enabling stargates on planets. And if energy is a problem: Let the user first create a Gas Generator befor a stargate can be build. This would also give use to the systems with gas giants only.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Feedback

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Flash wrote:...the specs (pedia entrys) and the real specs of the ships do not fit. i.e. I checked an enemy ship in the pedia for weapon infos. It says "max firepower: 22", but the ship had 51.
The issue is race-- some species give an attack bonus to ships piloted by them, but currently the pedia pages for a design won't ever show the values with any of those bonuses. That feature should make it into the game pretty soon, though. I think you are probably slightly misremembering your example though, the if the base value was 22 (2 x 11) then the value with max bonuses would have been 34 (2 x 17); or, a different design would be base 33 (3 x 11) and with max bonus 51 (3 x 17).
- Why can't i build stuff at gas giants? i.e. the stargate.
Stargates need to use the planet's focus setting in order to work. A planet focus requires population.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0