Feedback for [6870] and [6281]

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Feedback for [6870] and [6281]

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Geoff the Medio wrote:If [an enqueue] condition was present, it would need to be met for the item to be enqueued. After being enqueued, the condition would have no effect.
This has been implemented.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#17 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Geoff the Medio wrote:This has been implemented.
With enqueue conditions now available, could someone prepare a list of buildings that need them added to avoid enqueuing more than can be produced? Alternatively, patches that add enqueue conditions are requested.

Are there any other suggested uses for enqueue conditions besides limiting the number of something enqueued?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#18 Post by MatGB »

Off the top of my head.

Imperial Palace, Genome Bank, Industrial Centre, Solar Power Generator and Black Hole Generator all have "entire empire" effects, as do Collective Thoguht Network and Enclave of the Void, although I've been known to build 2+ CTNs as the no starlane trigger sometimes can't be avoided). The AI does have a tendency to build too many of the first 4 if it loses its capital though.

I'd love to rework Genome Bank (and alll the bioterror/bombard effects) at some point but for now you do end up with too many of them.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#19 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:Imperial Palace, Genome Bank, Industrial Centre, Solar Power Generator and Black Hole Generator all have "entire empire" effects
I don't think that empire-wide effects is really quite the criteria we want to look at here, because it could often be reasonable for someone to want to build a backup somewhere. I think that the criteria should probably focus only on the local planet and prevent enqueing a second building if one is already built or enqueued at that same planet, for nearly all building types. Exobot Origin is the only current exception that comes to mind; Terraforming is a possible exception, but that could instead be considered a minor exploit that should be prevented.

For many buildings (but not shipyard types) it might be tempting to block enqueing if there is already such a building located in the system, since multiple Industrial Centers (for example) in the same system would provide a backup only under rare circumstances (one planet gets captured but the system does not get blockaded). However, since a later colonized planet might have a population with superior defenses, it could be a rational decision to build a backup within the same system, so I would be inclined to not bar that (even if the circumstances of benefit would be pretty rare).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0