6142 (Dev build)

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
AndrewW
Juggernaut

Re: 6142 (Dev build)

#31 Post by AndrewW »

Geoff the Medio wrote:I'm having trouble replicating the issue myself now... The save doesn't seem to matter, and staring a new game with the same settings doesn't reproduce it. I'm not sure what sequence of UI actions is involved, but it might be very specific to the order of fleet manipulations, opening / closing fleets window or sidepanel, ordering moves and ending turns...
Hmmm, reloading the save game on here didn't reproduce it either.

But moving the outpost ship away (Mnemon) then End Turn, move it back to Escher and it happens again.

Load that save game (well Dilvish could try that), click on the fleet select the outpost ship, move it to Mnemon, click on Turn. Click on fleet at Mnemon move the outpost ship back to Escher, click on Turn, click on the Escher system reproduces it.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#32 Post by Geoff the Medio »

AndrewW wrote:Load that save game (well Dilvish could try that), click on the fleet select the outpost ship, move it to Mnemon, click on Turn. Click on fleet at Mnemon move the outpost ship back to Escher, click on Turn, click on the Escher system reproduces it.
Those instructions don't make sense. The outpost and colony ships are in the same fleet. Selecting a ship in a fleet doesn't move just that ship; you move a whole fleet at a time? Did you leave out some steps, such as splitting up the fleet?

And what else is going on in the UI at the time? What, if any, systems are shown in the sidepanel, do you click on systems before/during/after the process, etc.

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#33 Post by AndrewW »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Those instructions don't make sense. The outpost and colony ships are in the same fleet. Selecting a ship in a fleet doesn't move just that ship; you move a whole fleet at a time? Did you leave out some steps, such as splitting up the fleet?

And what else is going on in the UI at the time? What, if any, systems are shown in the sidepanel, do you click on systems before/during/after the process, etc.
No, in that save the fleets are independent only a single ship each, the colony ship is one fleet (colony fleet), and the outpost is another fleet (fleet 255). That's for the save I posted.

Nothing else, just directly as per what I said, not doing anything else but just those steps, just click on the system after moving the oupost ship back there.

Might have something to do with the outpost ship arriving having freshly arrived that turn.

Geoff the Medio

#34 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Seriously... you need to be specific for this sort of issue. What's happening with the sidepanel before / during / at the end of this process? Is it open, and to what system? Or is it closed the whole time until the last step, opening it to see the bug after moving the fleet back? Is the fleets window always closed after issuing the move order, or is it open to a fleet or system's fleets? What fleet(s) are selected when?

I still can't replicate the issue again.

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#35 Post by AndrewW »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Seriously... you need to be specific for this sort of issue. What's happening with the sidepanel before / during / at the end of this process? Is it open, and to what system? Or is it closed the whole time until the last step, opening it to see the bug after moving the fleet back? Is the fleets window always closed after issuing the move order, or is it open to a fleet or system's fleets? What fleet(s) are selected when?

I still can't replicate the issue again.
Just played around some more, anytime I move the outpost ship back to the system if the colony ship is already there or the colony ship accompanies the outpost ship it occurs. If I move the colony ship away and leave the outpost ship in place it doesn't occur.

From the save I posted:

Start FreeOrion
Load Game - Colony-Outpost.sav
Click fleet at Escher
Select Fleet 255 (outpost ship)
Right click Mnemom
Click Turn
Click fleet at Mnemom
Right click Escher
Click Turn
Click on Escher

Side panel with Place Outpost at Escher I, Escher II shows up after clicking on Escher, not open before then.

Fleet window opens after I initially click on the fleet at Escher, I don't close it.

But really just seems anytime I move the outpost ship away then back it occurs, doesn't matter which system I actually move it to. Or if the colony ship is already in the system or arrives the same turn as the outpost ship.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#36 Post by Dilvish »

AndrewW wrote:Load that save game (well Dilvish could try that), click on the fleet select the outpost ship, move it to Mnemon, click on Turn. Click on fleet at Mnemon move the outpost ship back to Escher, click on Turn, click on the Escher system reproduces it.
Excellent, yes, that did reproduce it for me. Attached is a patch that clears up the problem for me; the patch also employs the species caching I mentioned above to avoid some unnecessary repetition.

If someone else could please confirm this fixes the outpost/colony conflict for them, and also if anyone has an advanced game that was catching a lot of lag from this feature, please see if this patch speeds things up for you also.
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#37 Post by AndrewW »

Dilvish wrote:If someone else could please confirm this fixes the outpost/colony conflict for them, and also if anyone has an advanced game that was catching a lot of lag from this feature, please see if this patch speeds things up for you also.
Patch fixes the colony/outpost problem here.

Geoff the Medio

#38 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Skimmed over it and it looks OK. Didn't check the logic or test, but if it works, then commit away...

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#39 Post by Dilvish »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Skimmed over it and it looks OK. Didn't check the logic or test, but if it works, then commit away...
ok it's in.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0