6135 (dev build) Feedback

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
yandonman
Creative Contributor

6135 (dev build) Feedback

#1 Post by yandonman »

I'm getting hangs (look like infinite loops) when changing a planet's focus. Possibly related to checkin 6131. Other people seeing this?
Code released under GPL 2.0. Content released under GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: 6135 (dev build) Feedback

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

yandonman wrote:Possibly related to checkin 6131. Other people seeing this?
Yes, but what would 6131 have to do with it? Changing focus client-side doesn't prompt a universe update from the server.

Edit: Although MapWnd::ProductionUpdate is calling MidTurnUpdate for some reason, which seems to be setting up a loop of calls...

Edit2: Wasn't initially sure what the point of ProductionUpdate was or why it was calling MidturnUpdate, but it seems to be doing that to cause a reinitialization of starlane rendering buffers to update the colouring of lanes to indicate wasted PP after changes to the production queue. Could probably just call InitStarlaneRenderingBuffers instead, if that's all that's needed...

Edit3: I think I've fixed this by replacing the ProductionUpdate function with a signal connection directly to InitStarlaneRenderingBuffers after a production update signal fires, though there might be some side effects that aren't immediately apparent.