Disappearing ships in 0.4.2 around turn 300

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Dr Fegg
Space Krill

Disappearing ships in 0.4.2 around turn 300

#1 Post by Dr Fegg »

Hello,

First time trying out the game on a Mac (10.8.2). Everything has gone smoothly, but suddenly around turn 300 or so, my ships started to disappear out of existence - both custom and automatic designed ones.. At first I thought this was because I had erased some antiquated designs (I could sort of understand ships of those deleted designs getting erased - though they shouldn't).

So I went ahead with producing new ships. I'll produce, say, 5 new ships in a fleet, and within 2-3 turns they start to disappear one by one every turn. It doesn't matter their location, if I move them or which fleet they are in. I can still produce new ships of any variety and watch them start to disappear from all over the map. The older ones are still continuing to vanish from the map as well.

And no, I'm not engaged in any conflicts.

I am attaching the following image which shows the SitRep saying 3 fleets arriving, and when I check that planet that same turn, only 2 fleets still exist (and those two with reduced numbers). When I click on the hyperlink to the fleet that vanished, nothing happens.

I looked around the discussion boards and haven't seen any related threads on this, so has anyone reported anything similar?

Thanks!
Attachments
Screen shot showing a fleet that just disappeared.
Screen shot showing a fleet that just disappeared.
Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 12.54.01 AM.png (422.88 KiB) Viewed 1357 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Disappearing ships in 0.4.2 around turn 300

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Have you researched Psychogenic Domination?

Dr Fegg
Space Krill

#3 Post by Dr Fegg »

No, not yet.

Update: I returned back to a save from before I deleted any ship designs. Now I've played it through for 40 turns from that point and not one ship has disappeared.

So I think it must be a bug related to deleting the ship designs.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Do ships disappear again if you replay from the same point and do delete some designs?

And what happens if you research Psychogenic Domination?

Dr Fegg
Space Krill

#5 Post by Dr Fegg »

Ok, I take back what I last said. I have not deleted any ship designs, but still ships are disappearing. Its a much slower rate than before, but still they are slowly disappearing turn after turn.

I'm now on turn 376 and still have Psychogenic Domination queued.

The attached pictures show a stationary fleet with 7 ships on turn 375 goes down to 6 ships while still stationary. The ship "Seginus II" just vanishes.

I'll update once I finish the research.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 7.15.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 7.15.08 PM.png (267.24 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 7.11.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 7.11.14 PM.png (231.59 KiB) Viewed 1330 times

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#6 Post by Bigjoe5 »

Did you check the enemy fleets for your ships? If they've researched Psychogenic Domination and you haven't, they can sometimes steal your ships (which is why you should research Psychogenic Domination and see if it's still happening). I thought someone had added a sitrep message for when that happened, though...
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Dr Fegg
Space Krill

#7 Post by Dr Fegg »

Haha. Yes, it was because my nearby rival was taking over my ships through that tech. It stopped now. So no bug! Sorry.

qsswin
Pupating Mass

#8 Post by qsswin »

Dilvish added a sitrep for the previous owner, so you will get notified if this happens in the future (if you use an svn build).