Notes on rev 5507

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
yandonman
Creative Contributor

Re: Notes on rev 5507

#16 Post by yandonman »

If I'm reading the tech.txt correctly (which is questionable :) ), you increased SetDetection by +200... which is distance, not strength. Something that is stealth uses detection strength and stealth to determine visibility (I believe), so my patch adds to yours by setting "METER_DETECTION_STRENGTH" +200.

Please do let me know if I'm wrong, because if I am I do want to correct my misunderstanding(s).
Code released under GPL 2.0. Content released under GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#17 Post by eleazar »

yandonman wrote:If I'm reading the tech.txt correctly (which is questionable :) ), you increased SetDetection by +200... which is distance, not strength. Something that is stealth uses detection strength and stealth to determine visibility (I believe), so my patch adds to yours by setting "METER_DETECTION_STRENGTH" +200.
This is what i changed it to a week ago. I think you are responding to old scripting.

Code: Select all

effectsgroups = [
        EffectsGroup
            scope = And [
                OwnedBy TheEmpire Source.Owner
                Planet
            ]
            effects = SetDetection Value + 300

EffectsGroup
            scope = Source
            effects = SetEmpireMeter Source.Owner "METER_DETECTION_STRENGTH" Value + 200
    ]
SetDetection Value is the range

METER_DETECTION_STRENGTH is the empire-wide strength.

yandonman
Creative Contributor

#18 Post by yandonman »

Ah... I see the error of my ways (spy_detect #4 vs #5). Much appreciated. :oops:
Code released under GPL 2.0. Content released under GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.