Funny intro

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Grummel7
Space Dragon

Funny intro

#1 Post by Grummel7 »

This AI sounds slightly misnamed: :lol:
[14 May 17:48:14] AI_1: Peace (Maniacal): Exterminating you shall be a genuine pleasure!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Funny intro

#2 Post by Oberlus »

Ultimate Peace. Would be great if it was Trith.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

BTW, two AIs are beating my ass in a SP game. More than double my PP, more RP than me, and adapting perfectly to my army build. And the less successful AIs are not cakewalks, I think I lost the game already... It's thrilling!!!

o01eg
Programmer

#4 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:03 pm BTW, two AIs are beating my ass in a SP game. More than double my PP, more RP than me, and adapting perfectly to my army build. And the less successful AIs are not cakewalks, I think I lost the game already... It's thrilling!!!
In the recent versions?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:41 pm In the recent versions?
Same as 20th MP. Kudos to Grummel.

Grummel7
Space Dragon

#6 Post by Grummel7 »

Oberlus wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:03 pm BTW, two AIs are beating my ass in a SP game. More than double my PP, more RP than me, and adapting perfectly to my army build. And the less successful AIs are not cakewalks, I think I lost the game already... It's thrilling!!!
Did you have a bad start? I don't think they are that good yet, at least I still see a lot of things I'd like to improve.
But I haven't played too many games against them, I mostly let them play against each other.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#7 Post by Oberlus »

Grummel7 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:01 pm Did you have a bad start?
Yes, pretty bad, nothing to colonize until except one Furthest and one Acirema hard to keep content, until I conquered an AIs Egassem world.
But I was used to bad starts and catch up. AI is now comparable to 0.4.9 I think.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#8 Post by Daybreak »

Yes Kudos Grummel7

I actually wondered if something had changed

I am up to turn 645, and am only now turning the tables on the AI's, but believe it is because there is a bigger AI on the other side helping. We will see what happens after I come up against him. NOTE: Would be fantastic to be able to have settings that Ally the AIs together.
Oberlus wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:41 pm
Grummel7 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:01 pm Did you have a bad start?
Yes, pretty bad, nothing to colonize until except one Furthest and one Acirema hard to keep content, until I conquered an AIs Egassem world.
But I was used to bad starts and catch up. AI is now comparable to 0.4.9 I think.
Bad starts seem normal now in this version, especially if all you come across are species with poor influence.

drkosy
Space Dragon

#9 Post by drkosy »

Is it that the AI has any boni? I once had a george AI that produced ships like crazy with only 4 to 5 planets. Fortunately I didn't like to conquer them because of their diskikes...

I think gamestart is still to important, maybe centralisation should become more powerful :| :?:
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#10 Post by LienRag »

Apparently someone was able to hack his way into making AI at peace with each other, and they were able to somehow work.
Clearly allied AIs when on Maniacal (I suggested as a placeholder making them ally to any AI they're not currently fighting on turn 150, and give a cease-fire and alliance to any AI on turn 250) would make the game much more challenging.

So, Grummel, if you could just do that (as an option I guess, but since it's the development version, you can begin with a hardcoded value) if would be a great addition to the game.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#11 Post by Daybreak »

drkosy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:04 pm Is it that the AI has any boni?
Boni - what does this mean? The context please
Malus - what does this mean? The context please (From another thread)

Have tried googling, but there is no reference to the way they are used.
LienRag wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:15 pm Apparently someone was able to hack his way into making AI at peace with each other, and they were able to somehow work.
Clearly allied AIs when on Maniacal (I suggested as a placeholder making them ally to any AI they're not currently fighting on turn 150, and give a cease-fire and alliance to any AI on turn 250) would make the game much more challenging.

So, Grummel, if you could just do that (as an option I guess, but since it's the development version, you can begin with a hardcoded value) if would be a great addition to the game.
Yes Thinksome took a saved game, and hacked that to make all AI's allies.
I like the idea that at certain turns, AI's would become allied, but I don't think having it automated at certain turns would work for everyone. If we had the settings at beginning where the same options could be dictated, then you could choose to have them allied at the start of a game, OR at certain turns or in certain circumstances they allied OR became enemies again. Basically a set of rules, you could set up.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#12 Post by Ophiuchus »

drkosy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:04 pm Is it that the AI has any boni?
no, AI does not get any advantage compared to a player empire. send some scouts to find out what that AI is doing so well (or use multiplayer and an observer to get some inspiration)

it would be nice if AI could band together. even merging empires would be ok (basically one AI gifting everything to the other AI); e.g. if the leading empire is way ahead.
although with 0.4.10+ that might be harmful for bigger empires (influence upkeep) and too complicated (managing likes/dislikes).
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

drkosy
Space Dragon

#13 Post by drkosy »

no, AI does not get any advantage compared to a player empire. send some scouts to find out what that AI is doing so well (or use multiplayer and an observer to get some inspiration)
Thanks!
That scouting isn't easy for me because I didn't go for stealth and can't sneak into their empire. I just send some kamikaze scouts to know where their colonies are...

By the way: I went trough the empire names in string table but there was nothing as funny as "peace" - just cabal was interesting, but I never played the game...
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#14 Post by defaultuser »

Daybreak wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:14 pm Boni - what does this mean? The context please
A fake plural of "bonus".
Malus - what does this mean? The context please (From another thread)
The opposite of "bonus".

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#15 Post by Daybreak »

Grummel7 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:01 pm
Did you have a bad start? I don't think they are that good yet, at least I still see a lot of things I'd like to improve.
But I haven't played too many games against them, I mostly let them play against each other.
If you get good or reasonable start then the AI's are not so bad.

One of the main problems AI's have is their major use of Exobots everywhere.

With Exobots -
−− Very bad Industry: 50%
−− Very bad Research: 50%
−−− No Influence
− Bad Population: 75%

The Ai's are forced to use other species for influence, even if those other species have 150% Production or Research

Don't know if you could force the research of Exobots way down their tech research trees, and force more early research into population/habitation of poor and hostile planets, OR;
When an AI considers what to colonise a planet with, their is some type of malus on exobots so that alternate speices look better.