[2022-03-22] Experimentors to early

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
drkosy
Space Dragon

[2022-03-22] Experimentors to early

#1 Post by drkosy »

As my newly built version doesn't start, I finally managed to run the latest beta as snap.

I started with gysache (I love them much) and it went well. At turn 300 I got 400PP and 400RP. Than I spottet the experimentors. There where 10 krakens already there waiting for the starlane to connect. Now they spawn a lot of maps, killed the first AI capital pop and I produce like hell to build a fleet against them. They spawn krakens EVERY turn. That's a bit too much. I guess that's the setting for the tower defense game?

In principal I love to fight against experimentors, but with that stability and influence you have to take care of, they should be active not earlier than turn 300.

By the way: I did not really get the clue of that flux lance. The damage is very low, I didn't use it at all. Did I miss something or is it just for testing new weapon possibilities?

Right now, I got an AI error, maybe because krakens killed the capitol of AI 3:

Code: Select all

[25 Mär 19:14:00] AI_3: AI_Error: AI script error : PlanetUtilsAI.py:get_capital():81  - Call of 'get_colony_builders' is forbidden before InitializerLock('colony_builder') is initialized
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/snap/freeorion/281/usr/share/freeorion/default/python/AI/PlanetUtilsAI.py", line 72, in get_capital
    for spec_list in [get_colony_builders(), get_ship_builders(), None]:
  File "/snap/freeorion/281/usr/share/freeorion/default/python/AI/freeorion_tools/lazy_initializer.py", line 28, in wrapper
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Call of 'get_colony_builders' is forbidden before InitializerLock('colony_builder') is initialized
Local context: {'args': (), 'kwargs': {}, 'function': <function get_colony_builders at 0x7f25e46820d0>, 'self': <freeorion_tools.lazy_initializer.InitializerLock object at 0x7f25e4671a30>}
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: [2022-03-22] Experimentors to early

#2 Post by LienRag »

Flux lance is an internal weapon (and a cheap one), it has its uses but outside of them it is indeed not very efficient.

o01eg
Programmer

#3 Post by o01eg »

Maybe instead of some predefined turn use as base turn when outpost was attacked first or when any empire got detection strength enough to see it or something else.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-04-14.ad50e93.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:55 pm Maybe instead of some predefined turn use as base turn when outpost was attacked first or when any empire got detection strength enough to see it or something else.
But also some turn number so that one cannot delay Experimentors indefinitely by not researching enough detection.
Also, not being able to see them before they attack can make things worse, so maybe what happens first, a turn number (based on monster settings instead of AI aggressiveness?) or attacking the outpost.

Grummel7
Space Dragon

#5 Post by Grummel7 »

drkosy wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:28 pm Right now, I got an AI error, maybe because krakens killed the capitol of AI 3:
This bug is known, it should be fixed by this PR. It is indeed triggered by an AI losing its capital.

drkosy
Space Dragon

#6 Post by drkosy »

Flux lance is an internal weapon (and a cheap one), it has its uses but outside of them it is indeed not very efficient.
Thanks for the answer, that is exactly what I thought :)
Maybe instead of some predefined turn use as base turn when outpost was attacked first or when any empire got detection strength enough to see it or something else.
But also some turn number so that one cannot delay Experimentors indefinitely by not researching enough detection.
Could be some "not earlier than" condition. Maybe not earlier than detection AND turn 300 OR not detected AND turn 500.
I love the idea to connect it to some progress, because your progress depends much on starting position, species, natives, specials and so on. That would take this into account. But I agree with Oberlus, it shouldn't be able to delay it till you have 30 solar attacker ships...
This bug is known, it should be fixed by this PR. It is indeed triggered by an AI losing its capital.
Great!
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod