First impressions

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
natewrench
Space Krill

First impressions

#1 Post by natewrench »

version I am using

Review/Preview:
I think freeorion is awesome at being a Master of Orion-like game. I have played it with friends via the network and I find 4x games to be immune from network latency because of its turn-based system similar to a token ring. It reminds me of chess with the timer. Right now I am playing it on Windows 10, and also on Manjaro through SnapCraft Snaps Snap-pack Snapd not sure how to call it but it's the only way to play it on gnu/Linux unfortunately since I tried compiling it and get errors relating to Cmake. I love the ambient music though I hope to see more free ambient music (pysol-fc comes to mind on tracker demo music from the 90s). FO is libre forever software which means as long as there's at least one maintainer (maybe AI someday) FreeOrion will still work on modern systems natively without virtualization or emulation...