AI's and Vers 4.10

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

AI's and Vers 4.10

#1 Post by Daybreak »

When vers 4.9 appeared I was happily surprised to see the AI's a little more trickier to beat. As I mentioned in another post, kudos to the progammer.

In 4.10 I believe there is a problem for AI's with the changes made to productivity and research - https://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtop ... 28&t=12155

In 4.9 I would win most of the time against the manical AI's, but some games could be quite hard, but in 4.10 that is no longer the case

I assume no changes were made in 4.10 to the AI's and I think the problem is the way AI's were programmed based on the previously programmed productivity and research, which for all AI's was higher in 4.9

As a human player I have taken into account the new balance and make sure that colonisation increases in productivity and research are a little mre important, while I believe that is not the case for the AI's

I am finding AI's are not colonising planets close to them at all and seem to have a bias for making warships/troop ships, meaning by mid game I am easily outclassing them, and in the end easily beating them.

Anyway not sure if this has already been discussed or looked at.

Thanks