0.4.10.1 Ships disappearing from view

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Magnate
Space Dragon

0.4.10.1 Ships disappearing from view

#1 Post by Magnate »

Before I report a bug and attach saves and so forth, has anyone else noticed ships vanishing from the galaxy map? This is nothing to do with stealth - these are not stealthy ships, not in ion storms etc. I can see my enemy's ships, and my sitrep says "A Foo Empire ship Asimov I arrived at Tork B", but my galaxy map does not show the ship in orbit there, even though I could see it on its way the previous turn.

It's happened several times - the ships disappear from my galaxy map when they reach planets. I have not seen them reappear yet, but I know they are still there because I just fought one that moved a few turns ago and has not been visible since.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: 0.4.10.1 Ships disappearing from view

#2 Post by wobbly »

I've seen them displaced a lot of times. The icon is there, but its not where it should be.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#3 Post by Magnate »

No this is total disappearance, they're there one turn, and not the next. But on my opponent's map they're still there, obviously.

Oh wait. He has multi-spectral shields. Sh*t. I don't think I understand how these work. They give extra stealth in systems with certain types of stars?

That would explain it. They should become visible when they leave the system then, unless of course they jump straight to another system of a useful star type.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#4 Post by Magnate »

Ok my bad - it is the MS shields - high stealth bonus in any star apart from neutron and black hole. That explains why I can see them in those systems, and in star-less systems, but not others.

Can anyone tell me what the "high" bonus actually is? It must be at least 50, but is it even more?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

Magnate wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:24 pm it is the MS shields - high stealth bonus in any star apart from neutron and black hole.
Can anyone tell me what the "high" bonus actually is? It must be at least 50, but is it even more?
It's 60, IIRC. Check out in the ship design window (if not researched, enable unavailable parts and hide non-stealthnon-speed categories to narrow it).

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#6 Post by defaultuser »

Yeah, that's why if you see a report that an AI got Multi-Spectral early on, be wary.