Weapon Scaling

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

Weapon Scaling

#1 Post by UrshMost »

Build 07-28-test

Species' weapon boosts apparently don't scale with the weapon damage scaler? With it defaulting to 6 in this build, Hhhoh only get a 2 point damage boost for a laser weapon over a generic species. This means that for a robotic hull with 4 lasers Hhhoh get less than a 5% damage boost over a generic species in the same ship.

Also, I tried playing with the weapons damage scaler set back to 1 and found that some pedia articles for weapons are apparently hard coded to the new values; i.e., (with scale at 1) the main laser page says shot damage is at 5, but the laser 2 page says its at 42.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Weapon Scaling

#2 Post by Ophiuchus »

UrshMost wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:39 am Build 07-28-test

Species' weapon boosts apparently don't scale with the weapon damage scaler? With it defaulting to 6 in this build, Hhhoh only get a 2 point damage boost for a laser weapon over a generic species. This means that for a robotic hull with 4 lasers Hhhoh get less than a 5% damage boost over a generic species in the same ship.

Also, I tried playing with the weapons damage scaler set back to 1 and found that some pedia articles for weapons are apparently hard coded to the new values; i.e., (with scale at 1) the main laser page says shot damage is at 5, but the laser 2 page says its at 42.
All values are hard coded in pedia. I am working on a feature that allows to use calculated values in pedia.

Species bonus should be affected by weapon scaling. Bug I say
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Weapon Scaling

#3 Post by Ophiuchus »

Opened Issue 3126, working on a bugfix
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!