Possible to hold galaxy map still?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Magnate
Space Dragon

Possible to hold galaxy map still?

#1 Post by Magnate »

Every time I click on a system named in the sitrep, the galaxy map moves so that the system I just clicked on is in the centre of the screen. Can I change this behaviour? What I want is for the system to be selected - for its panel to pop up and for it to have the rotating ring round it on the galaxy map - but I don't want my map centred on it. I zoom and position my map carefully so I can see all the systems I need to, and this behaviour means I have to reposition it every time. I've looked in the options but I can't find anything along the lines of "don't centre galaxy map on selected system"...

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Possible to hold galaxy map still?

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There is no such option, but one could relatively easily be added and checked here and similar locations for other zoom functions.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#3 Post by Magnate »

Thank you. Ok to open a feature request on github?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

sure. maybe check in case there already is one from 3 years ago or somesuch time...

Magnate
Space Dragon

Option to stop the map moving

#5 Post by Magnate »

Hi all,

I think I may have asked this before but I want to check before I clutter up github with a feature request.

I spend a lot of time positioning the galaxy map so that I can see everything I want to see, and positioning my subwindows (system, pedia, sitrep, fleet, messages, empires) so that they don't cover anything on the map that I don't want covered. Each galaxy is different so it takes me a while to do this as I explore.

There are lots and lots of times when the game assumes that I want the ship or planet I click on to be in the centre of the screen. I do not want this, ever. Can I turn it off?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by Oberlus »

Hi Magnate.

You are free to open a feature request on GitHub about this.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#7 Post by Magnate »

Done. Finally!