FR: notification for refuelling by supply extension

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Magnate
Space Dragon

FR: notification for refuelling by supply extension

#1 Post by Magnate »

I'm trying to open a new issue on github and it says open a thread here and link it, so here it is:

Currently when a stranded ship is refueled by natural fuel regeneration, you get a sitrep message.

But when your ship is refueled by your supply extending to it, you don't.

So I have a simple feature request: please can we have a sitrep message about having enough fuel to resume starlane travel in the latter scenario ...

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: FR: notification for refuelling by supply extension

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Sounds reasonable.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: FR: notification for refuelling by supply extension

#3 Post by Ophiuchus »

Magnate wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:59 pm please can we have a sitrep message about having enough fuel to resume starlane travel in the latter scenario ...
I think there are two ways to do it. AFAICR supply refueling happens in the backend. So either one adds code to generate the sitrep to the backend or one moves that refueling to FOCS (i would prefer the second one).

I think if doing this via FOCS condition one needs to check LastTurnResupplied besides current fuel meter and ResupplyableBy.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!