Problem with drydock repairs

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

Problem with drydock repairs

#1 Post by defaultuser »

I'm playing the latest stable release. I had system with two planets with orbital drydocks. One of the planets had the population cleared for repopulation. After that, no repairs would take place at the system, with the message: "On Path III: the Orbital Drydock is abandoned, there is no one left to assist in repairs of the ship ...."

I had to scrap the abandoned drydock to get repairs going. And rebuild it.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Problem with drydock repairs

#2 Post by Oberlus »

defaultuser wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:39 pm I'm playing the latest stable release. I had system with two planets with orbital drydocks. One of the planets had the population cleared for repopulation. After that, no repairs would take place at the system, with the message: "On Path III: the Orbital Drydock is abandoned, there is no one left to assist in repairs of the ship ...."

I had to scrap the abandoned drydock to get repairs going. And rebuild it.
This was supposed to be fixed by this PR.
There is an open issue about wrong sitreps generated for the same case you describe, but ships being repaired nevertheless.

defaultuser, can you verify that your ships were actually not being repaired?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#3 Post by defaultuser »

I will check and report back.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

It does look like repairs are going on. I had to go back and stop research into repair techs because that was confusing things.