Saved ship design order

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

Saved ship design order

#1 Post by defaultuser »

Something new I have noticed, and don't particularly like, is the order in which saved ship designs are added to Finished Designs. It used to be that they appeared in the order in which Saved Designs ordered them. Now they seem to get added to the top. I had arranged the saved designs in the list so that there would (at least roughly) appear where I wanted them. I like new ships at the bottom. Moving them down isn't a huge deal, and I do appreciate the "Move to Bottom" control, but I'm not sure why the change was made.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Saved ship design order

#2 Post by Oberlus »

In most cases I like it the other way round: putting lattest designs at top, since most often they will be better designs than what I had previously unlocked.

However, I also like to order by categories: armed ships, troop ships, outpost ships, colony ships, scouts, and finally the base hulls (troop pod, outpost, colony). And so I always have to reorder them up and down.

I'd wish to be able to fix an order of the saved, available designs independing on how I left them arranged in the saved designs tab. Maybe that's already possible, I haven't done a thorough checking, but sometimes I don't get what I expected and I would say it doesn't work like that.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Re: Saved ship design order

#3 Post by defaultuser »

Before, you could move the saved designs around to have them appear roughly where you wanted with respect to the pre-designed ones. If you wanted all new ships at the top, you could order them that way.

It's a change, and one I don't like, so I mentioned it.