Ships disapearing, rogue ships comming from nowhere

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Ships disapearing, rogue ships comming from nowhere

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing 2019-10-08

Rogue fleets are appearing out of nowhere.
FO_weird_fleets.png
FO_weird_fleets.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 4258 times
That fleet in Sooriyan (near bottom left) is composed of two fleets of 10 titanic ships. If I merge them and command it to go to Fairchild to help me deal with the brutal black krakens and bloated juggernauts that are flooding north area, when I press Turn and the movement is computed the fleet losses 4 ships, and 3 more on next turn. If I don't merge them and send them idependently, the whole 10 pack is missing at start of turn 300.

It's as if the data structures are falling apart and objects are being lost in memory or corrupted. Run for your lives!
Attachments
FreeOrion_Aran_Aran_0300_20191016_233259.sav.zip.002.zip
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 166 times
FreeOrion_Aran_Aran_0300_20191016_233259.sav.zip.001.zip
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 103 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Ships disapearing, rogue ships comming from nowhere

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Are those some sort of multi-part zip file? I can't open them.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:04 pmAre those some sort of multi-part zip file? I can't open them.
Yes, with a 7z compresor (Windows 7) that produced the files ending in .001 and .002. I added the extra .zip to be able to attach the file.

I've installed latest version (+1 week) and the ship disappearances ended, but the strange rogue ships were still there. But I was too lazy to reload a previous save before any rogue ship. I've started a new game with latest version (looking for that 1000+ turn game) and will report back if it happens again.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I was able to unzip and load the save. I don't see the problem you describe.

The save is turn 300, so I'm not sure what you mean by not seeing the ships at the start of turn 300.

I ordered the two fleets of 5 ships each at Sooriyan to move to the Deep Space near Reverie that has some Bloated Juggernauts. I couldn't find any Black Krakens. All the ships arrived on turn 303.
Attachments
Turn 303.png
Turn 303.png (555.73 KiB) Viewed 4175 times

spikethehobbit
Space Squid

#5 Post by spikethehobbit »

I couldn't reproduce losing 10 ships at once but the rest looks like normal Psionic Snowflake activity. There is one hanging around Istélla/Robi a, but empire detection is too low to see it.
All contributions are submitted under GPL or LGPL v2 or later, or under appropriate Creative Commons licence, consistent with project guidlines.