Exobot population on asteroids

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
alleryn
Space Dragon

Re: Exobot population on asteroids

#16 Post by alleryn »

JonCST wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:21 am As far as construction, well, doesn't nearly everyone create a batch of scouts, another frigate, and an outpost ship? Sometimes troop ships are appropriate, but again, we can always rearrange the order manually after they're all queued.
My most common first build is a troop ship, though not if i start with poor offensive ground troops (or if natives are off).

swaq
Space Dragon

#17 Post by swaq »

alleryn wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:05 am
JonCST wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:21 am As far as construction, well, doesn't nearly everyone create a batch of scouts, another frigate, and an outpost ship? Sometimes troop ships are appropriate, but again, we can always rearrange the order manually after they're all queued.
My most common first build is a troop ship, though not if i start with poor offensive ground troops (or if natives are off).
I usually build an outpost ship first or sometimes a scout.

JonCST
Space Kraken

#18 Post by JonCST »

So, we all have our preferred "usual", and i'm betting many (most?) people have a pretty constant first 3-5 builds.

A "pre-scripted" build/research sequence would be nice. It's probably not all that high on the requested features queue.

MHO, of course.

Jon

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#19 Post by defaultuser »

Teensy Juggernaut wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:30 pm It's not that they weren't Poor, as far as I remember that's been always, it's that they were initially survivable when they were first colonized.
Certainly not recently. If you don't have the tech to grow, then you'll trend towards 0 at a maximum. I don't think there is any combination of research and specials that has 1 as a stable population. If you're at Sub Hab and Symbiotic Biology, it's going to be 0 pop. However, it takes a while to get there, I think it's 10% reduction per turn. I sometimes put sacrificial Exobot colonies on worlds that have growth specials for other species.