New player experince

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
The Silent One
Graphics

Re: New player experince

#16 Post by The Silent One »

If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#17 Post by LienRag »

Nice explanation indeed (though WHAT constitutes the fleet icon is never explicitly showed - and no it's not obvious even with the bigger picture for someone who never played before), how come I wasn't able to see it in-game?
I went through the full "quick tour" thing though...

Oh, another question: to tame space monsters (which DMF never explains correctly) is it necessary to build the outpost AFTER researching Domesticated Mega Fauna or the reverse order works too? And would a colony work as well as an outpost?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#18 Post by defaultuser »

LienRag wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:35 pm Nice explanation indeed (though WHAT constitutes the fleet icon is never explicitly showed - and no it's not obvious even with the bigger picture for someone who never played before), how come I wasn't able to see it in-game?
I went through the full "quick tour" thing though...

Oh, another question: to tame space monsters (which DMF never explains correctly) is it necessary to build the outpost AFTER researching Domesticated Mega Fauna or the reverse order works too? And would a colony work as well as an outpost?
Either order. An outpost or colony alone will stop wild monster generation. You can add the tech later.

The Silent One
Graphics

#19 Post by The Silent One »

LienRag wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:35 pmI went through the full "quick tour" thing though...
The quick start guide does mention the more extensive quick play guide on its first page. Anyhow, if you feel the quick start guide should be more extensive, and/or that important information is missing or incorrect, please add it and create a pull request on github. The next new player will thank you :wink:
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.