Can't build asteroid on blockaded belt fully equiped

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Can't build asteroid on blockaded belt fully equiped

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing 0.4.8 RC2, Windows 7.
An asteroid belt with exobots has the asteroid processor and the asteroid reformation thingy required for the asteroid swarm hull, it was building some (yes, piloted by exobots, Sly aren't better) when the bully of the neighborhood (not me this time) blockaded it.
Check the image.
Why can't the asteroid belt with the required buildings meet the requirements regardless of the blackade? Are they shooting at my workers in the asteroid belt? Makes sense though, but then it would make sense to halt ship production altogether on every planet, nontheless the ships are built in orbit.

BTW: I'm so pleased to see the AI has got way better, especially for handling stealth empires. By turn 200 AI's got Omniscanner to hunt down my hidden Sly planets. I never saw before an AI reaching detection 70, this one is 200 and all stealth is gone now. I'll have to hurry up to finish that Star Gate and begin guerrila behind enemy lines.
Attachments
FO_cant_built_asteroid_hulls_on_belts.png
FO_cant_built_asteroid_hulls_on_belts.png (519.16 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Can't build asteroid on blockaded belt fully equiped

#2 Post by Dilvish »

on the face of it, that looks worth an Issue.

and if you still have a savegame with these asteroids under blockage, then please post that, it would be a big pain to try to verify a fix without that.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

Dilvish wrote:on the face of it, that looks worth an Issue.

and if you still have a savegame with these asteroids under blockage, then please post that, it would be a big pain to try to verify a fix without that.
Ido have the saves. I'll open an issue.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

That save file was a big help. I have posted a fix.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0