[ai] Suggestions to improve KI

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Brodda
Space Krill

[ai] Suggestions to improve KI

#1 Post by Brodda »

First of all defence Focus is absolutley pointless, at least in the mid game and for sure on the long run. Ai often chose this setting. Either change AI behaviour or change game mechanics (i.e. give 40% research and industy output.)

(a) Usually don´t focus on research/growth/industry boost once they have a good ship (i.e. Robolasercruiser). This is the moment in the game when human player´s research and industry usually exponentially growth while AI´s is stagnant. Maybe research strategy of AI needs an update.

b) Sometimes unsynchronized fleets attack and just don´t win the battle because they don´t reach the system in the same turn.

(c) Fail to expand. Sometimes even uncolonized planets are ignored. Maybe research is missing (and doesn´t get enough priority) to colonize them.

d) Fail to conquer. If they compare data based on their view they shoud make use of stealth scouts. A more complex diplomatic system could solve this problem much better and make AI´s stronger based on difficult level without simply boosting their races stats.

I never expirienced an AI making use of stealth bomber-fleets to weaken strong enemies.

Edit: maybe AI-log files are interesting . I will take a look at them, but probabyl i will not understand them. :)

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: [ai] Suggestions to improve KI

#2 Post by Oberlus »

To add insults to injuries, I yesterday saw a Titanic Hull full of flak cannons piloted by exobots, from a mixed George/Egassem empire.

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: [ai] Suggestions to improve KI

#3 Post by labgnome »

Oberlus wrote:To add insults to injuries, I yesterday saw a Titanic Hull full of flak cannons piloted by exobots, from a mixed George/Egassem empire.
:lol: The stories that ship must have! I almost want that to be a pre-made design. :lol:
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.