Focus:Bioterror

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
EricF
Space Dragon

Focus:Bioterror

#1 Post by EricF »

I was messing around in a game I had already finished when I noticed that I could set my planets focus to Bioterror even though I had not built the facility.
focusbioterror.png
focusbioterror.png (992.1 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Am I missing something?
Any more info I can provide?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Focus:Bioterror

#2 Post by Ophiuchus »

Transformer?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

EricF
Space Dragon

#3 Post by EricF »

Ophiuchus wrote:Transformer?
This building can be given the effects of a Bioterror Projection Base, a Stargate, a Planetary Starlane Drive, or a Spatial Distortion Generator, provided the owner has the appropriate technology.

You're right.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

I'm partially inclined to have the things it replicates removed from the queue if a transformer is completed, partially to reduce clutter. You do appear to have gone massively overboard on the buildings front there ;-)

Aside: if anyone fancies respeccing and rescripting the concept of bioterror, possibly linking it to bombardment, in a way that it's fun, interesting and non sucky I'd be interested to test it. Most importantly the genome bank needs to be reworked to both give a minor advantage to having one and not block BT completely, perhaps halving the effect for a species that's built a bank with say a +1 pop per planet for that species? Or even go back to the old 'health' affect and have it improve population growth for the species a bit? Whatever someone comes up with will need discussion and testing,b ut whatever you do is guaranteed to be better than what we've got.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.