Various new bugs - build 2017-02-08.310d57b

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Ouaz
Dyson Forest

Various new bugs - build 2017-02-08.310d57b

#1 Post by Ouaz »

Build 2017-02-08.310d57b

- When the config.xml file is created during the first launch, it seems there's an encoding error for color values only (Meld can't open the file, saying there's encoding errors):
config_color_values_encodin.png
config_color_values_encodin.png (20.73 KiB) Viewed 955 times
I didn't have installed new build since 2016-12-13.eaf735e20, so I don't know when the problem appeared.

Note: installing the new build also updates MSVC 2015 to 14.0.24215 (x86), which causes a Windows update (KB2999226 - c runtime stuff).

EDIT:

Actually, config.xml file is not saved between game sessions. It goes back to default values each time the game is restarted.

- At launch of a new game, AI greetings messages are not displayed in the chat window:
ai_messages.png
ai_messages.png (9.38 KiB) Viewed 955 times
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Various new bugs - build 2017-02-08.310d57b

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Ouaz wrote:- When the config.xml file is created during the first launch, it seems there's an encoding error for color values only
Should alreday be fixed in master.

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 9b2822be75

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

Ouaz wrote:Actually, config.xml file is not saved between game sessions. It goes back to default values each time the game is restarted.
As I can't recall having seen a bug report about this one (but please double check, my brain is still a bit impaired by my recent illness), please open an issue on github about this.
At launch of a new game, AI greetings messages are not displayed in the chat window
IIRC there is already an issue about the AI greetings being corrupted, please look it up and leave a comment there about your observation (your screenshot looks different from the ones posted with that issue, so most likely related, but still not exactly the same, so having your screenshot and comment there would be good).

Ouaz
Dyson Forest

#4 Post by Ouaz »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
Ouaz wrote:- When the config.xml file is created during the first launch, it seems there's an encoding error for color values only
Should alreday be fixed in master.

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 9b2822be75
Great. I'll wait the next weekly build then (yeah, I don't know build FO myself... :oops: )
Vezzra wrote:
Actually, config.xml file is not saved between game sessions. It goes back to default values each time the game is restarted.
As I can't recall having seen a bug report about this one (but please double check, my brain is still a bit impaired by my recent illness), please open an issue on github about this.
Maybe the file is not saved because of the encoding error. I will wait the next build before opening an issue, because I think the two issues are related.
Vezzra wrote:IIRC there is already an issue about the AI greetings being corrupted, please look it up and leave a comment there about your observation (your screenshot looks different from the ones posted with that issue, so most likely related, but still not exactly the same, so having your screenshot and comment there would be good).
It seems Dilvish has already comitted a fix: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 5dce1ab400

The GH issue #1264 has been closed.

Wow, that's what I call reactivity. ^^
Last edited by Ouaz on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#5 Post by Vezzra »

Ouaz wrote:It seems Dilvish has already comitted a fix: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 5dce1ab400

The GH issue #1264 has been closed.
Yeah, well, by Dilvish' fix of course... ;)

Please check if all the issues you listed here are gone in the next test build, and open issues for all that are still there.