Romanian Translation

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
HolyPad
Space Krill

Romanian Translation

#1 Post by HolyPad »

Hi I would like to translate the game into Romanian if its possible.
Considering that I don't have have many experience with game development, can someone say what I have to do?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Romanian Translation

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You should have a look at this page:

http://freeorion.org/index.php/Languages

There might be a few additional things to be aware of, but I'll leave it to people actively working on translation stuff to comment further.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Romanian Translation

#3 Post by Dilvish »

In addition to that page, there are some discussions in various threads in this forum that might be helpful to you. I'll also mention one of the most important top-level concepts-- don't feel overly bound to anything close to a literal translation: consider the English version to simply be a description of the information that is to be conveyed, and then you try to convey that same information in the best way possible in your respective language. A slight limitation to that advice is that some of the various entries, like SitReps, or various Pedia articles, do fairly clearly have a pattern that is followed across multiple related entries, for what information is presented in what order, so that should also be kept in mind.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0