trans to spanish

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
arrakis69ct
Space Krill

trans to spanish

#1 Post by arrakis69ct »

I can help to translate the game to spanish. I have experience translating games. If a modder send me the text. I can do.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: trans to spanish

#2 Post by MatGB »

if you have the game installed, you have the text, go into the installed files in the Default folder is a folder called "stringtables", there might be an existing es.txt but I suspect it's VERY out of date as I don't recall anyone doing work on it for awhile.

Far better to take the existing en.txt file and work through that, it should be fairly obvious what's needed, if not there is some advice given in the other translation threads and similar.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#3 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

arrakis69ct wrote:I can help to translate the game to spanish. I have experience translating games. If a modder send me the text. I can do.
es.txt is real outdated.

Here is patch and new es.txt

Removed all key that are not used.
Removed all wrong translated keys ([[<key>]] is reference and should not be translated)
Added all missed keys with english texts.
Formated empty line and comments exactly same as in en.txt.

This file is for last development version (SVN 7788). You propably will not notice any difference.

PS If you like tools like po_editor, I can share scripts to conver this data to po and back.
Attachments
es.txt
(366.55 KiB) Downloaded 382 times

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

I suppose that "Added all missed keys with english texts" might be helpful for arrakis69ct to make a fully up to date file, but in the meantime, if you post another version with just the other changes I think it makes sense to go ahead and commit those.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#5 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Dilvish wrote:I suppose that "Added all missed keys with english texts" might be helpful for arrakis69ct to make a fully up to date file, but in the meantime, if you post another version with just the other changes I think it makes sense to go ahead and commit those.

Do you mind if I remove other entries that same as in english for patch?
Attachments

Dilvish

#6 Post by Dilvish »

my diff viewer rejects the above patch as malformed (perhaps a problem with metadata, but I've tried manually removing that from your patches in the past but it didn't help), and svn patch rejects a lot of the chunks.

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#7 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Dilvish wrote:my diff viewer rejects the above patch as malformed (perhaps a problem with metadata, but I've tried manually removing that from your patches in the past but it didn't help), and svn patch rejects a lot of the chunks.
May be it is because my idea removed spaces at blank lines?
Attachments

Dilvish

#8 Post by Dilvish »

Cjkjvfnby wrote:May be it is because my idea removed spaces at blank lines?
It doesn't really seem like that should have been a problem, but this latest patch did work fine, both for my diff viewer and for svn patch.

Code: Select all

r7798 | dilvish-fo | 2014-12-22 19:52:08 -0800 (Mon, 22 Dec 2014) | 4 lines
patch by Cjkjvfnby cleaning up ES stringtable, but not substantively updating its actual translations
 * Removed keys that are not used as of r 7788
 * Removed keys that were themselves wrongly translated  ([[<key>]] is reference and should not be translated)
 * Formated empty line and comments exactly the same as in en.txt.

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#9 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Dilvish wrote:
It doesn't really seem like that should have been a problem, but this latest patch did work fine, both for my diff viewer and for svn patch.
Looks like broken patch applyed for me with errors, so I add them to this patch (and looks like I used old trunk).
Fixes in attach.
Attachments

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#10 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Cjkjvfnby wrote:
Dilvish wrote:
Looks like broken patch applyed for me with errors, so I add them to this patch (and looks like I used old trunk).
Fixes in attach.
This patch is still actual.

shivu

#11 Post by shivu »

Add missing Entries in the common part.
This patch fixes the last big ships revision.

This patch belongs to es.txt (r7798).
Attachments

Dilvish

#12 Post by Dilvish »

Cjkjvfnby wrote:This patch is still actual.
Committed.
shivu wrote:Add missing Entries in the common part....
Hmm, this seems to add a lot of entries but leave them untranslated. If not present in the ES stringtable they should automatically get pulled from the EN stringtable, so there should be no need to add untranslated entries like this. Were you seeing some problem appear in the game?

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#13 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Dilvish wrote:
Cjkjvfnby wrote:This patch is still actual.
Committed.
shivu wrote:Add missing Entries in the common part....
Hmm, this seems to add a lot of entries but leave them untranslated. If not present in the ES stringtable they should automatically get pulled from the EN stringtable, so there should be no need to add untranslated entries like this. Were you seeing some problem appear in the game?
This is short version of patch with same english string removed.
It includes a lot of formating changes to have same structure as en.txt
Attachments

shivu

#14 Post by shivu »

I perfectly now that the missing strings in a foreign language are taken by default in the en.txt. As well as they are not necessary, there is no reason to delete them.
My working way is so that I first introduce the English string then I translate. Having the English string in my “foreign version” helps me to find quickly what is not translated without to use a double editor where the view is reduced and full of superfluous colored differences.
Thanks to delete all my introducing, that way our job will never go out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#15 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

shivu wrote:I perfectly now that the missing strings in a foreign language are taken by default in the en.txt. As well as they are not necessary, there is no reason to delete them.
I have reason to delete them. English text updated sometimes. If you already translate it to you language, you need to update it.
If you have old english text in you file, you will translate it not same as in en.txt
My working way is so that I first introduce the English string then I translate. Having the English string in my “foreign version” helps me to find quickly what is not translated without to use a double editor where the view is reduced and full of superfluous colored differences.
I have script that allow you to make full file for translation and shrink it to translated only before making patch.
Thanks to delete all my introducing, that way our job will never go out. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't understand what are you talking about.