[patch] Fixes for English strings (full stops and other)

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: [patch] Fixes for English strings (full stops and other)

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

It needs a license statement (CC-BY-SA 3.0) first. After that, sure, if you think it's improved the text then commit...

rah
Space Floater

#17 Post by rah »

Updated patch to harmonise on *one* space after a full stop. I release the patch under a CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.
Attachments

[The extension diff has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by rah on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#18 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Geoff the Medio wrote:[The patch] needs a license statement (CC-BY-SA 3.0) first.
Please edit the post containing the patch attachment to state that you release it under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

rah
Space Floater

#19 Post by rah »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Please edit the post containing the patch attachment to state that you release it under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.
I've done that but FYI, there aren't any copyrightable changes in the patch; apparently there needs to be about 10 lines of original code for something to be protected by copyright. The only original creation in the patch is limited to the odd word here and there.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#20 Post by Dilvish »

rah wrote:FYI, there aren't any copyrightable changes in the patch; apparently there needs to be about 10 lines of original code for something to be protected by copyright.
The shorter a writing is (and the more functional such as with source code) then as a practical matter it would be more difficult to establish copying of protected expression, but the law specifies no minimum number of lines, nor words even, for copyrightable subject matter. I expect that "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" is subject to copyright protection all by itself (luckily I'm making a 'fair use' right now :D ).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

rah
Space Floater

#21 Post by rah »