Italian Translation

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
shivu

Re: Italian Translation

#16 Post by shivu »

shivu wrote:
Dilvish wrote:
shivu wrote:As you certainly see now, our (we translators) biggest problem is space. To long for the allowed space! We just can call out in the forum: Programmers, more space please!
If you compress the stringtable into a zip format or something similar, the size limit on attached files shouldn't matter. (I'm assuming that's the space issue you refer to.) I forget if Windows has built in support for that yet, but if not you can use a tool like 7-zip
I meant this:
Depending how you are trying to solve the problem, it has implications in the list view and more.
At the moment I have this problem: how to introduce a picture in a post (not attachment). I just now I have to click the button img but after.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#17 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Some languages are more difficult to make text fit in small spaces than others... Extra space can sometimes be added, but there are limits. It might be helpful to avoid trying to literally translate text, and instead replace with semi-equivalents that fit in smaller area... This is essentially the same process as is sometimes used to write the original english text anyway.
shivu wrote:...how to introduce a picture in a post (not attachment). I just now I have to click the button img but after.
If the file is uploaded and accessible elsewhere, put the URL inside the img tags in the post text. Uploading as an attachment is preferred though, so the image won't be missing in future when the external host disappears.

shivu

#18 Post by shivu »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
shivu wrote:...how to introduce a picture in a post (not attachment). I just now I have to click the button img but after.
If the file is uploaded and accessible elsewhere, put the URL inside the img tags in the post text. Uploading as an attachment is preferred though, so the image won't be missing in future when the external host disappears.
I want to do this:
A Text
Screenshot.jpg/bmp
A Text
Screenshot.jpg/bmp
That all.

Geoff the Medio

#19 Post by Geoff the Medio »

shivu wrote:I want to do this:
A Text
Screenshot.jpg/bmp
A Text
Screenshot.jpg/bmp
That all.
OK... So what's stopping you?

shivu

#20 Post by shivu »

When I click the button 'Img', I get this
[img]?[/img]
and I have to introduce the path of the picture like
[img]C:\username\pictures\sreenshot,jpg[/img]
but this does not works. I must be on wrong way.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#21 Post by Dilvish »

shivu wrote:When I click the button 'Img', I get this
[img]?[/img]
and I have to introduce the path of the picture like
[img]C:\username\pictures\sreenshot,jpg[/img]
but this does not works. I must be on wrong way.
The img tag works with a URL (like to a hosting site), not with a local path.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio

#22 Post by Geoff the Medio »

If you want to add an image from your local computer, upload it as an attachment to the post.

Johorc
Space Krill

#23 Post by Johorc »

Hi guys,
I just realized the existence of this game and I'm like :o Congrats to everyone has imagined, created and/or supported the project.
I got here to support the italian translation, but I see Shining has already done a good job. Anyway if the work isn't completed yet or you need a revision just let me know.
:D

Geoff the Medio

#24 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Johorc wrote:...if the work isn't completed yet or you need a revision just let me know.
As a reader of Italian, you would probably be a better judge of that than anyone else...

shivu

#25 Post by shivu »

This patch fixes the last big ships revision.

This patch belongs to it.txt (r7535).
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

LordStephen77
Space Krill

#26 Post by LordStephen77 »

Hi everyone! I have proposed myself as a new official translator for the Italian language. I recently sent my first commit on github with the first corrections to the text. I completed the 100% game translation (some strints were not translated yet), I will be happy to follow the project and translate it into the long run.

I am 40 years old, and I'm Italian. Since 1984 I have the passion for technology, I started with my first C-64, then Commodore Amiga 500, 1200, 2000, CDTV, and my first 286 with old DOS.

I use a lot of Linux distributions (Debian and RPM). Under Linux I work better, because I can fill out the project quickly and test my modifications.

Today I played around 1 hour at FreeOrion, I need to test the latest release very well. Some text strings require in-game comprehension to be fully understood and eventually make changes based on the context of that particular game event.

I've been using Blender, Gimp for years, and I've done little graphic work. FreeOrion is a simple project and this makes it easy to improve under the graphic aspect.

To avoid going OT, I thank you, and I update you with new developments just after finishing some of the tweaks I'm doing. Thank you all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Github: https://github.com/LordStephen77

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#27 Post by Vezzra »

Well, welcome to our forum! :D
LordStephen77 wrote:I use a lot of Linux distributions (Debian and RPM). Under Linux I work better, because I can fill out the project quickly and test my modifications.
Several of our core devs use Linux exclusively or primarily for their dev work too (Dilvish, MatGB, adrian_broher, LGM-Doyle et al). So you're in good company. ;)
I've been using Blender, Gimp for years, and I've done little graphic work. FreeOrion is a simple project and this makes it easy to improve under the graphic aspect.
Good to know. Our graphics department is severely understaffed, so we can use any help there we can get. Feel free to take a look at our Graphics subforum, although activity there is very low, to put it mildly. Still, it will give you some idea of what has been going on. And there is some request I put there recently, if you want feel free to take a shot at it.

LordStephen77
Space Krill

#28 Post by LordStephen77 »

Thank you for the information. I started the first graphic work, I just posted an answer to your post (the 3D logo of the project). I have many good ideas but habitually I prefer to prepare mysteries for submission to the forum. Then you will be evaluating my work.

Improving FreeOrion is not difficult, but requires clear organization and ideas. The project is very nice, it only serves to improve some useful details to make the game more attractive and rewarding for the final player.

I guarantee my commitment and all my experience! I update you as soon as I finish the first concept.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Github: https://github.com/LordStephen77